Thursday, April 28, 2005

karaoke no go

i know several of you were excited about the karaoke - but i have to tell you that we didn't end up going. it'll still happen, but maybe not for a couple of months - maybe when we come back through bangkok. and i will take pictures. and i will sing. maybe even the kinks. anyway, thought i'd let you know before you got TOO excited.

we're off to the museum and maybe bowling with pong and nim today.

i'm taking charcoal for my stomach. that's right. charcoal. what you put in your pencil. what they give you when you overdose. they're scary looking black pills that leave black residue on my fingers. fun!

but the good news is that the bangkok hospital is REALLY nice and clean and efficient and friendly.

so yeah,
amy

email me

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must be missing something....is there something special, famous, etc. about karaoke in Bangkok????
Also....you mentioned being sick, but nothing at all about going to a HOSPITAL......how did that happen? Were you super-sick? Hope not. Details, please.
When do you leave Thailand/where to after that? Have fun, and write more when you can. Hope you are back to 100% really soon. Elaine

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my dear, you certainly know how to wake up your readers! Just drop a bombshell every now and then about a hospital visit! But I'm proud of you for being smart and checking out a condition that was obviously becoming a problem. And after "googling" charcoal, I've learned it's been a treatment for stomach upset for quite a long time. So, I hope it works!!
So.....how'd you do at bowling??
Love, mom

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two things:
1) Pong?!?? the Pong who was in NY and wanted to go see the empire state building?? I love Pong! even though I never met him, but I do remember he had adopted a really funny phrase. What was it?

2)You sick=bad. Having seen you really sick in the comfort of your own home, I can just imagine how yucky it would be for you to be sick in Thailand. Ew. I hope you are better soon. You should be glad I can only be worried about you from a distance...

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, oops, that last comment was from me,
-Emily

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you both feel really better and have fun on the island with your friends.Are you drinking boiled water and eating cooked food only? Or is that just my old-fashioned notions of stayin g well in foreign climes? Hugs, Barbara

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a wonderful trip everytime i log on this morning i read back to apr. 14th just to feel your warm and funny presence longer a.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home